Published on: 16th October 2012
Area of Work:
- Sportivate lead for West Yorkshire
- Safeguarding lead for West Yorkshire Sport.
- Active Workplaces - promotion and delivery of a range of services to businesses, including the Active Workplace challange
- STARS (Supporting Talented Athletes Recognition Scheme) - supporting local talented athletes.
- DfE Volunteer programme - recruit and deploy quality volunteers to support the school games.
- Creation of links with local businesses to develop new partnerships.
- Work placements
Gillian has built up 13 years experience working in sports development, spending five years based in Essex, working for a local authority sports development team, and then moving into a School Sport Partnership as Assistant Partnership Development Manager. Gillian moved to West Yorkshire in 2005 to become a Competition Manager at Priesthorpe School, moving into the role of Senior Competition Manager from 2008.
In April 2011, Gillian moved to the role of Development Manager at WYSport and has worked on a variety of projects including School Games, Sport Makers, Dance and physical activity.
B.Sc. (Hons) Physical Education, Sports Science and Recreation Management, Loughborough University
Personal Sporting Interests
Gillian is a member and secretary of Fusion Netball Club and competes in the West Yorkshire Netball League. Gillian has recently taken up running and has just competed in her first 10K.
Tel: 0113 393 9950
Mob: 07794 248083