Published on: 16th October 2012
Area of Work:
- Physical Activity lead, co-ordinating the WY physical activity network and creating closer links with public health services.
- Safeguarding lead for West Yorkshire Sport.
- Reviewing the STARS scheme (Supporting Talented Athletes Recognition Scheme) which provides local talented athletes with free access to certain sports facilities across West Yorkshire.
- Co-ordinating the DfE funded Volunteer programme to provide School Games Organisers with quality volunteers to support their work.
- Ensuring equality is embedded throughout WYSport.
Gillian has built up 12 years experience working in sports development, spending five years based in Essex, working for a local authority sports development team, and then moving into a School Sport Partnership as Assistant Partnership Development Manager.
Gillian moved to West Yorkshire in 2005 to become one of the first 20 Competition Managers in the country and spent 5 years working in this field. She was a member of the National Competition Development Group and has extensive knowledge of NGB competition pathways and school sport structures.
In April 2011, Gillian moved to the role of Development Manager at WYSport.
B.Sc. (Hons) Physical Education, Sports Science and Recreation Management, Loughborough University
Personal Sporting Interests
Gillian has participated at county level at netball and currently competes in the West Yorkshire Netball League. She is Secretary of Fusion Netball Club and is a level 2 netball coach.
Tel: 0113 393 9950
Mob: 07794 248083