VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! - Leeds City College attempt to break the Bleep Test World Record!
Published on: 22nd March 2012
15-20 Volunteers needed to support the attempt at Leeds Rugby Academy, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, LS5 3BW, 10th May, Time: 1pm
- We need 1 supervisor per 50 runners (ideally 10 supervisors in total but minimum 8)
- They must be over 18
- The voluntary opportunity is to help facilitate the bleep test – they will be responsible for overseeing a group of 50 participants each and identifying any which have not reached the line in time for the bleep. Please note - we understand that unlike a standard bleep test, there is no flexibility on catching up with the bleep after two or three misses. In this test, one miss means the runner is out. However, we will seek to clarify this again.
- Two independent witnesses will verify the attempt, however the supervisors can help by ensuring they remove any failed runners
- Each runner will have a number, so if they see a runner has failed they can call them by their number and remove them from the test area.
- They also need to be vigilant for any sign of illness or injury and if this occurs, help any runners access the St Johns ambulance (which will be located on site). This is in line with our health and safety obligations.
- The event is on 10th May at Leeds Rugby Academy, Bridge Road, Kirkstall and starts at 13:00pm (we ask everyone to arrive at 13:00 but the attempt starts at 14:00)
- If anyone is available to arrive earlier to help set up etc that would be much appreciated but is not essential. We plan to be finished by 16:00 if not before.
- Anyone interested in taking part can contact me (or I’ll contact them) for further details. All supervisors will receive a full briefing beforehand about the rules set by Guinness as they are extremely strict.
If you are interested contact:
Marketing Events Officer
Market Research, Communications & Corporate Reputation
Leeds City College
T: 0113 284 6223