Walk, jog or run your way to a healthier school!
The more physical activity pupils do, the healthier they will be. But did you know that a large amount of evidence exists (see column, right) which shows a link between physical activity and:
- Test results
- Increased confidence
- Increased concentration
- Better developed social skills
But the school day is squeezed enough already so how do you find time to do more?
The 1K a Day programme provides more accessible and less competitive options for those pupils who do not engage with traditional team sports while at the same time fitting more physical activity in around a highly pressurised school day. By walking, jogging or running just one kilometre a day, pupils could increase their time spent being active by over an hour a week. And, as the activity only takes approximately 10 minutes per day, there is very little disruption to the rest of the school day.
The 1K-A-Day package includes:
- Large daily tracker wall chart per class
- Reward stickers
- Teacher's 'How-to' guide
- Lesson plans to incorporate 1K-A-Day into English, maths, science, PE and PSHE lessons
- Visit from a Yorkshire Sport Foundation team member to launch 1K-A-Day at your school
- Dazzling trophy for the highest achieving class
£30 per class
- All of the above plus a 1K-A-Day pedometer for every pupil
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 2020280